Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mark your calendar for the 3rd!

I have marked my calendar for the third of each month of 2012 - Jenny of elefantz, a very talented designer, is sharing her love with us all. In one of my blog hopping sprees, I stumbled upon this site. What caught my eye was the simple yet elegant style of designing. I immediately knew I wanted to participate in her BOM. These designs are meant for hand stitching, but she has graciously given me permission to digitize them.
http://www.elefantz.com/search/label/Promises%20and%20Borders%20BOM%202012

As I was digitizing, my mind was racing with endless potential of the
 designs, butt I wanted to stay true to the austerity of the original work. I kept tweaking till the last minute and finally decided to stitch them out since the next BOM is due in only two days and I am already a couple of months behind. 
Thanks Jenny for the beautiful offer - here is my version.

I have also used a part of this block to create a tissue box holder. I added a few beads in the center of the flowers for a different look.
 

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to see what you have done with Jenny's design. I am working on my 3rd block now, I have to hurry to catch up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment left on my blog, which I only discovered today! I love your machine interpretation of Jenni's block:)

    ReplyDelete